We decided to drive to the parks today because we wanted to first go to the Downtown Disney shopping area and not have a repeat of yesterday when we were stuck waiting for the shuttle back to the hotel for two hours! So, we slept in a little and then got up and got ready for the day. There is a Lego store there that has some awesome Disney displays made all out of Legos. So cool!
There was a vegan bakery there that I knew was there and I wanted to try. We got a slice of pumpkin bread and lemon poppy seed. I liked the pumpkin best and Julia liked the lemon poppy seed.
Then we drove to Hollywood Studios and parked the car. But we didn't go to that park right then. First, we got on the bus to go over to Magic Kingdom for a few things that Julia wanted to buy at a specific store there, get one more Dole Whip, and to ride Pirates of the Caribbean one more time!
Delicious Reese's pieces covered Mickey shaped rice krispy treat. Yes, I know it's not vegan. STOP JUDGING ME! :)
After we got in our last kicks at Magic Kingdom we headed back over to Hollywood Studios. We did the couple rides we wanted to there: Tower of Terror, Toy Story (which was awesome!), and the Aerosmith roller coaster (which was insane).
e had purchased a dinner and ticket package for the nightly show they do at this park. Unknowingly, I booked us dinner at THE FANCIEST RESTAURANT I'VE EVER EATEN AT!
In Julia's words: "This is the fanciest and most expensive restaurant I've ever been to where all the patrons are in theme park attire."
Rolls and butter seasoned with Hawaiian salt and thyme.
Julia's appetizer: famous Cobb salad
Cheryl's appetizer: marinated mushrooms and crispy phyllo with bleu cheese and a fig reduction sauce. OMG! SO GOOD!
Julia's main dish: some fancy-named chicken dish.
"This chicken is my friend." -Julia
Cheryl's main dish: noodle bowl with coconut fried tofu. Amazing!
Julia: "I was expecting our meals to be as big as their titles but I forget that people who do three course meals do them small. Except yours (pointing to my noodle bowl). Yours is huge."
Julia: "Every day the food has gotten better and better, until we're now in a place I've never been before!"
Dessert choices
$135 1 oz shot of cognac on the menu! Seriously?!? People pay that?!?!
Our host looked like Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid.
I know these pictures are a little blurry.
This is what he looked like...
Julia: "Oh. I'm not fancy. I hope Prince Eric doesn't seem me eating."
After dinner we went to the Fantasmic! show. It was cool. Fire, water, fireworks, Mickey and Disney songs. What else do you need? Before the show started they had a couple people down in front trying to entertian the crowd and keep people pumped up. They played a name that tune game. Julia and I knew all the songs and sang them out. There was a little girl (probably about 8 or 9) sitting in front of us with her parents. She kept turning around and looking at us in complete awe and amazement that we knew all the words. "You know that song?!" We laughed. Yep. We do.
And, sadly, the end of our last day came to a close. We had to say good-by and didn't want to!
Steps walked: 15757

























No comments:
Post a Comment