Tuesday, March 11, 2014

florida trip - day four

Today's Park: Islands of Adventure

Today was SO much better than yesterday!  This Universal park is 100x better than Universal Studios.

 Where we parked..so I could remember!


I was bummed because the Jurassic Park ride was closed to maintenance.  That was the one ride that I knew was at Universal and which I really wanted to go on, but I couldn't.  *Sad face*  Oh well.  We were at least able to walk through the Jurassic Park area which was really cool.





Then: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!  SO COOL!!!

They have a street built to look like the town of Hogsmeade from the books and movies, and they have Hogwarts Castle built.  The ride inside the castle is INSANE, but SO FUN!  We did that one twice because they had a single rider line that was really fast.


Then we got butterbeer!  Oh my goodness, it's my new favorite thing!  I'm going to try to replicate it once we get home...







Hagrid's house 


We spent a lot of time in Hogsmeade but it was CROWDED!  There were so many people there.  We went into the candy store but literally couldn't even turn around without bumping into twelve other people.  Julia was going to buy some of the "fudge flies" and "peppermint toads" but decided not to because the line was so freaking long.  The best ride of the day was the Dragon Challenge.  We rode it three times.  It's a crazy double roller coaster (two different tracks going at the same time) that makes you really feel like your riding on a dragon.  The only weird part was because of the g-forces it made my feet feel weird...like all the blood was being pulled out of them on the loops and twists and then forced back into them.  It was kind of crazy.  Not really sure that was a good thing...

We had lunch at Mythos.  Before we left I had looked up what vegan food options each park had.  This restaurant had a vegan pad thai that they offered, so we decided to sit down and try it out.  No joke, it took AN HOUR from the time we sat down and ordered our food to when they finally brought it out and put it on our table.  It was RIDICULOUS!  I was getting fed up.  Luckily the food tasted good, but even so, it was an unnecessarily long wait.

The craziest thing that happened:  Julia was molested by Woody Woodpecker!

We were coming out of a gift shop and Woody (person in a Woody costume) was coming in.  She moved to step out of his way, but he put his arms out instead.  So, she laughed and gave him a hug.  And he hugged her for a LONG time.  She laughed and pulled back then Woody kissed her (pressed his beak against her cheek) and hugged her again!  Finally the bird let her go and we left.  We were both laughing but it was more than slightly uncomfortable!

We left the park before it closed because it was kind of small and we'd done everything we wanted to do.  We got back to the hotel and Julia crashed.


She took a nap for a while, while I worked on one of the cross-stitch Santa kits I had brought to do on the plane and listened to an audio book on my iPod.  That evening Jaws was on TV, so we watched it for a while, then went to bed.

Steps walked: 17456

No comments: